well-made sustainable basics.
carefully considered for a better life.
What is a better life?
A better life is a healthier planet.
A better life is not worrying what to buy or how long it will last.
A better life is looking good without trying, every damn time.
And it starts with the clothes you wear.
Proof Collective is your perfect wardrobe.
Carefully considered and ethically sourced basics,
Designed for you, to not fall apart or break the bank.
A better life is coming.
Together we are Proof.
Sustainability in fashion.
Here’s the thing
Sustainability is a term thrown around all too often today. For us, it’s an ongoing effort. It extends beyond the materials we use and into the facilities we partner with, the longevity of our products and the way we run our operation.
At Proof we make the best products for the best people, and strive for the best outcomes. Our goal is to be your one stop shop for well-made, affordable pieces that look good, fit well and are as ethically and sustainably sourced as possible.
From the very start.
Concept + Design
The process for any garment starts with the design. Rounds and rounds of sketching go into each of our silhouettes to ensure they never go out of style.
Regardless of current trends, our designs are intended to be your favorites today, tomorrow and 10 years from now. This is crucial because when your favorite clothes are timelessly designed, it helps cut down on over consumption and fast fashion trends, which in turn helps the planet and your wallet.
An eco-friendly color offering.
Low Impact Garment Dying
Who doesn’t love options? We offer our foundational styles in a variety of colors in order to provide you with the best shades for your wardrobe, but that doesn’t mean that it has to be wasteful. Our garment dyeing process cuts down on development waste and allows us to be leaner in the amount of inventory we carry.
We use a low impact dye process for all of our colored fabrics, which is better for the environment than most traditional processed dyes. Our dyes have a 70%-80% higher absorption rate than more commonly used alternatives meaning that our dye process requires less dye and less water. There are also no heavy metals or toxic chemical mordants in the dyes that we use.
Not all cotton is created equal.
100% Organic Cotton
No one can deny that cotton feels great, but as a crop, it has one of the highest impacts on the environment. Here are the quick facts on the differences between Organic and regularly-grown cotton and why we decided to incorporate 100% organic cotton into our products:
- Organic Cotton uses no harmful pesticides, which is better for the environment, and your skin
- Organic Cotton doesn’t use genetically modified (GMO) seeds
- Organic Cotton requires less water to grow than regular cotton
- Growing Organic Cotton requires less energy
- Growing organic cotton yields less CO2 vs. traditional cotton
Adding hemp to the picture.
Hemp Cotton Blends
Hemp might sound like a new thing, but it was first used for fabric 10,000 years ago and now, we’re bringing it back. Hemp looks good, feel good, and is way better for the environment than a lot of natural alternatives (don’t worry, the cotton in our hemp cotton blends is still 100% organic). Here’s a look at the benefits of hemp:
- Hemp is naturally resistant to most pest so there is no need for harmful pesticides
- Hemp requires about half as less water and half as less land to grow compared to cotton
- Hemp actually absorbs CO2 while it grows through natural photosynthesis, making it carbon-negative from the get-go
- Hemp returns 60-70% of the nutrients it takes from the soil
- Hemp naturally possesses antimicrobial properties meaning its naturally UV and mold resistant
A better kind of denim.
Treated Cotton Denim
Denim is a tough material to get perfect and we are currently in the early stages of developing a sustainable option for future products, but for now, we source our fabric from some of the most sustainable denim mills on the planet.
Until done sourcing a fully organic denim fabric with our partners, we treat our denim products with Bluesign® approved technology that makes it water, stain and odor resistant because less spills means less washes and less washes saves on water.
- Our mill uses 50% less water than most standard vendors in the industry
- Our mill recycles 100% of their fabric waste into yarn and housing insulation
- Our mill uses natural dye elements like nut shells and orange peels
- Our Bluesign® Approved Technology makes our denim water, stain and bacterial resistant, meaning washing it less and saving water
- This technology is not the answer in sustainability, but compared to other resistant finishing options its by-products break down faster in the environment and with less potential toxicity over time to humans, wildlife and marine life
Pre-ordering our releases.
There are upsides and downsides to being a small company like we are. One of the upsides is getting to really control the quality of our products and who we partner with to make them. While a major downside is the capital and overhead costs for inventory. Pre-ordering is our way of keeping quality and sustainability a primary focus during these growing stages.
The good news is we will be hosting live inventory in the near future, but until then, we’re offering a pre-order discount as our way of saying thanks.
Always getting better.
A work in progress
As our company grows, so does our ability to bring more sustainable options to our products. Our hope is to one day change the way our industry thinks about the products it creates.
That said, we understand that everything can’t be done overnight. That is why as we design new pieces, we look at the options that currently exist and see how we can continue to push the sustainability standard within the industry.